Monday, April 9, 2012

The new larger SMASH! portfolios from K&Co.

Sorry I have been neglecting my blog. I have swamped with school work and work too. The only thing keeping me sane is 1. partial my kids, they can contribute to my insanity but mainly 2. crafting. I try to craft at least once a week or in between down time so I don't feel so overwhelmed. It's defintely a stress reliever for me.
But on to the new awesome smash books! I picked this one at the Michael's. They are much larger than their regular smash books but less pages which was my main con for purchasing this particular one. With just 2 choices of colors, I opted the red version because between purple and red, I like red better. I love that they added envelopes and folders in between some of the pages.
I originally had the pink smash book (pretty style) but I was really into it. I really just smashed stuff in it without thinking and I didn't really enjoy that. I didn't want it to look like my junk drawer just taped and glued in a book.
At least these larger smash book reminds me of regular scrapbooking which I will continue to do from time to time to finish up my past photos.
This smash book will mainly be my 2012.
Here's my cover:

I used Echo Park and Authentique and Recollections for this.
Here's my first page:

Still working on this page. Since this is the title page, I am gonna add more as months go by.
Here's my first page done! I got to start it on my birthday. Hehehe....this book was more of my birthday gift to me. yay.


I used My minds eye, on the bright side collection. Which I am loving by the way!! Beautiful wood photos, pretty chevron colors. It's beautiful!! Used the april card from jillibean soup: southern chicken dumpling soup. American crafts and recollections ribbon. twine. thickers foam stickers for my title.
And the awesome Polaroid 300 camera I got my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment