Sunday, August 28, 2011

Alex's 5th birthday Monster High Doll Party!


Hello again! I have been busy working and keeping busy with the little ones. I really need to get my scrapbook/craft table organized. As much as you try to get it organized, it's just never enough. I am always rearranging things. My little one, who is 11 months old, loves to mess with my Cricut boxes. And I love that he always finds the Elmo one and the Spongebob one. Lol, it's so cute, he's such a boy.
Anywho! My daughter's 5th birthday was earlier this month and I'm excited and so sad that she is growing up. I can't remember her being so little so I just see her just sprouting up like a tree and I really do cherish my moments with her. She is going to go to kindergarten this fall so I am really excited about that too. Which speaking of excitement will definitely match with the new Graphic 45's ABC Primer collection. I can't wait for that to come out, I have been thinking of making her mini album for her going to her new school and so this will be perfect!
So back to her birthday, she had a Monster High birthday party and if you know these dolls, there is not much out there right now. Not too many people know about them but Party City carries their party supplies online but they are always sold out. I bought mine on Ebay. lol. So I made her invitations:

I just found the skullette online and cut it out and I used the word "Party" from Happy Hauntings cart. I used pink sheer ribbon with glittered polka dot bought at Michael's and the card front base paper and cardstock was also from Michael's.
 

I used my xron sticker maker machine for these. I found the images on etsy.com and bough a 1 inch punch at Michael's Arts and Crafts store and punched them out. Super easy! I think people use these mostly for bottlecap jewelry so I decided to try it out too. I made these necklaces for her birthday. They are DraculaLaura and Frankie Stein.

She goes through her favorites so I will eventually make all the girls.
I made little notebooks to add to the girls goodie bags and I made it using the Cricut cartridge alphalicious for the matchbook and used Rock Princess for the bear and crossbones:

I also made her a banner which stupid of me I didn't take a picture of it but I used Birthday Bash, edited the size with my G and used the font on Baby Steps. I'll eventually post a photo of it.
 I was gonna make some matching cupcakes but didn't have much time so I went with a great frosting recipe by Kraftfoods.com and the kids got to decorate their own cupcakes. It was a terrible mess but I didn't have to clean it up, hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment