Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A mini for a fellow MB

I finally got my own computer set up just for me! Yay! It's on my lovely craft table in my little corner of the computer room which is starting to take over the other corner which I think, will eventually take up one side of the wall too. I need a place for my sewing stuff. Hehehe.
To get my blog started, which by the way, was way overdue. Last time I wrote was last year, ugh, and what did I make? Good god, a lot has changed. With my second child being born back in September, I had to pause a bit with my crafty hands but I am back in the game because it's honestly hard to not do something with my hands. If I can't scrapbook, I crochet! If I'm tired of doing that, I make gifts either by making some jewerly or sewing something cute. A lot of my crafts is either work related, messageboard related or a gift for someone dear to me.
So I am gonna show you the mini, I should say not-so-mini gatefold album that I made for a fellow Cricut messageboard member! She really liked the vintage, shabby chic style of the Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden collection and that collection says it all! It was a great chance to really showcase some pretty things that don't always need to be clean cut and polished. I especially love the florals and the realistic bugs here and there and that green crackle paint, uh, everything from those papers were so pretty, you can seriously not waste or throw anything away because every little scrap could've been used.
So here is what I used to the best of my memory:
All the chipboard was by Zutter, the back & front was 8x8 and the inside pages were 5.5x7.5. I loved it because the inner pages were just abit smaller giving a little peek to the size of the back. I also used 1 1/2 size white wires by Zutter. The tools/embellishments I used were various things: a stampin up butterfly stamp, Webster's Pages bloom trims, Tim Holtz adage tickets, crackle paints, ink pads, birdcage, Recollections, new Sew Easy vine head. The flowers and branches were by Recollections, Prima, and some were handmade by me. The Cricut carts that I used Tags, Bags, Boxes and more, Everyday Pop Up Cards, French Manor, and Elegant Edges. I actually don't own French Manor-that was a cut given to me by another Mb member so I thank you for that cut! So here are the photos and I hope you enjoy!
(front cover)

Still trying to figure this blog out so bare with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment